As an AirPods owner, I was always curious about one thing – can the AirPods case make a sound? After doing a bit of research, I decided to test it out for myself and document my findings. In this blog post, I’ll explain what I discovered, the pros and cons of the sound the case makes, and other potential solutions I came across while researching. So if you’re wondering whether or not your AirPods case can make a sound, you’ll want to read on!
Only the AirPods Pro 2 case or newer can make a sound. However, you can pair your AirPods with find my iPhone which will allow the AirPods to play a sound and be tracked. If you always leave your AirPods in the case when not in use, you will be able to easily find the case as long as your AirPods are connected to find my iPhone.
Only the AirPods Pro 2 case or newer features speakers inside the case itself. All previous generations of AirPods cases do not feature speakers and so cannot make a sound.
Important! When AirPods are inside the case, they get turned off and cannot make a sound.
In practice, the best thing you can do is to simply ensure that your AirPods are connected to find my iPhone and to always put them in the case when you are not using them.
By doing this, you will also make it harder to lose your AirPods, you will ensure that they always have charge when you need them and you will avoid allowing them to be at 0% charge for too long which can actually be quite damaging.
|Key Takeaways and Tips:|
|Only AirPods Pro 2 cases or newer can make a sound.|
|AirPods will get turned off when in the case and will not make a sound.|
|Connect your AirPods to find my iPhone to ensure you can track them.|
|You cannot make the AirPods case vibrate or beep.|
|Use find my iPhone to locate AirPods if they are lost.|
Can the airpods case make a sound?
Read more: How should I carry around AirPods?
Unless you have the AirPods Pro 2 case or newer, It is not possible to make the AirPods case, itself, make a sound. This is because the case does not contain any speakers. However, if the AirPods are inside the case, you can get them to play a sound using find my iPhone. The AirPods Pro 2 case does have a speaker inside it, so you can get it to play a sound using find my iphone.
Can the airpods case vibrate?
It is not possible to make the AirPods case vibrate. The AirPods case only is able to charge the AirPods, to connect the AirPods to new devices and to show the charge status of the case and the AirPods. It is also not possible to directly track the case.
Can I make the airpods case beep?
You cannot make the AirPods or AirPods pro case beep. In order to find it, you will have to ensure that you keep your AirPods in there and that they are connected to find my iPhone.
Can AirPods make a sound when lost in the case?
No, AirPods do not make a sound when they are inside the case. This is because they get turned off inside the case. In this case, the best you can do is to look at the last known location on find my iPhone.
How to use find my iPhone to find my AirPods
- To turn on the Find My app:
- First, open the Settings app.
- Next, tap on your name.
- Then, you’ll need to tap “Find My.”
- If you would like family and friends to know your location, you can turn on Share My Location.
- Now, tap on “Find My (name of device).”
- Then turn on “Find My (name of device).”
- Once you see your device, even if it is not online, turn on “Find My network.”
- To have the location of your iDevice sent to Apple whenever the battery is running low, turn on “Send Last Location.”
If you would like to use a map to find your lost device, make sure you turn on the Location Services option. Here are the steps to do this:
- Go to settings
- Tap on privacy
- Tap on Location Services
- Then turn on Location Services
To ensure you can find your AirPods in Find My, even if they are disconnected or powered off, you want to ensure Find My Network is turned on. Here’s how you can check.
- Go to settings
- Tap on Bluetooth
- Tap the blue info button located next to the AirPods on your list.
- Go down to Find My Network
- Make sure the Find My network option is set to on.
How to turn on Lost Mode for Airpods
- On your iDevice, open the Find My app
- Tap on the Devices tab and select AirPods
- Scroll Down and select “Mark as Lost,” then select activate.
- If you want your contact information displayed for the missing AirPods, follow the onscreen steps.
- Now, select Activate.
How to register AirPods to your Apple ID
Unlike traditional product registration that requires you to visit a special website to sign up, Apple products are automatically registered.
Once you pair your new AirPods to your iDevice, they will automatically attach to your Apple ID.
How do I find my AirPods if they are not on find my iPhone?
Unfortunately, if find my iPhone no longer sees the device and can not give you the last location they connected to your iDevice, this could mean they are being used by someone else.
Apple has yet to place safeguards on AirPods, allowing users to “lock them,” so anyone can pair your AirPods to their device if they come into possession of them.
Pros and Cons of the AirPods case
- The AirPods case is small and portable and won’t take up much space in your pocket or bag.
- The case is designed to protect your AirPods from dust, dirt, and other environmental elements.
- You can use the case to charge your AirPods and keep them in one place.
- The AirPods case can be connected to find my iPhone, allowing you to easily locate it if it is ever lost.
- The AirPods case is designed to be easy to open and close.
- The AirPods case cannot make a sound, so you will need to use find my iPhone to locate the case if it is ever lost. (However, the AirPods Pro 2 case and newer do make sounds.
- The AirPods case cannot be used to play music or audio.
- The AirPods case is not waterproof.