As an owner of AirPods, I have been frustrated when trying to connect two different sets of AirPods to my computer. After researching this issue, I have improved my expertise on the matter and I am here to share how I solved this problem and other solutions I discovered.
In this blog post, I will be discussing if it is possible to connect two different sets of AirPods to a computer. I will also be sharing the tips and tricks I learned while researching this topic to help you get the best results.
|It is possible to connect two pairs of AirPods to a computer|
|The process may be more complicated for non-Apple computers|
|To connect multiple AirPods Pro to a Mac, you will need to use the MIDI setup|
|You can only connect as many AirPods as your device supports|
Can You Connect 2 Pairs of AirPods to a Computer?
Whether you can connect two pairs of AirPods to a computer depends on the type of computer you have. Two pairs of AirPods can easily be paired with any iPhone device with iOS 13 or greater. You can do it with some of the iPad and iPods as well.
Two AirPods or AirPods Pro can also be paired to a Mac computer or Macbook with a bit of maneuvering. However, the situation gets tricky when trying to connect more than one set of AirPods or AirPods Pro to a Microsoft Windows PC.
You will be able to connect the first set fine. Apple may have prevented this by altering the way it brands the device in the software.
Thus, your second device might have to be a different type of headset, either Bluetooth or wired. Then you will be able to listen to both devices simultaneously by manipulating your sound settings and enabling stereo mix.
To pair an AirPods or AirPods Pro device to a Windows PC, you’ll need to do the following:
- Navigate to your Bluetooth settings on your PC.
- Open the AirPods or AirPods Pro case and get close to the computer.
- Press the special pairing button on the back of your AirPods or AirPods Pro unit until you see the white light for pairing.
- Leave the AirPods or AirPods Pro case open while you click on the “Add Bluetooth or other device” button. Your computer will search for all the available Bluetooth devices, and then you will see your AirPods or AirPods Pro pop up on the screen. Select it.
- The AirPods or AirPods Pro will connect to your computer, and then you can use them to listen to music or perform other activities.
You can try to pair the second set of AirPods or AirPods Pro using the same procedure, but you will likely be unable to do so. If so, you may only be able to listen actively to one set at one time.
Read more: Why won’t my AirPods charge to 100?
Can You Connect Multiple AirPod Pros to a Computer?
You can connect at least two AirPod Pros to a Mac computer using a strategy that involves the MIDI setup. Essentially, you’ll be creating a new multi-device that acts as one unit.
Thus, you must be careful that neither you nor the other person strays too far away from the source device, or the entire multi-device may disconnect.
Can You Connect Regular AirPods As Well as AirPod Pros With a Computer?
Yes, you can connect regular AirPods as well as AirPods Pros if you have a computer that is an Apple Product with iOS 13 or higher. The process will not work with computer systems that are not Apple products, and it may not work on Apple products that do not have the latest software and technology.
Check the specifications to ensure that you have the necessary software to pair the Airpods and Airpods Pro to your device. You can update your software and then try again to complete the process.
How Do You Connect 2 Pairs of AirPods to a Computer?
If you have an Apple product that is capable of allowing you to share music and media listening, you can pair two pairs of AirPods like this:
- Pair the first set to the computer as usual.
- Navigate to “Settings” and then “Bluetooth” on the device.
- Press the setup button on the second set of AirPods for 10 seconds. You will see a white light.
- Select the second set of AirPods from where you see “other devices.”
- Wait until you see that the second device is connected, and then rejoice.
How Many AirPods Can You Connect to a Computer?
Typically, you would only connect one pair of AirPods to one device. However, some of the newer Apple products have special technology that allows connecting at least two AirPods or AirPods Pro and possibly more.
How to Connect Multiple Pairs of AirPods to Mac?
If you would like to connect multiple pairs of AirPods to a Macbook, you’ll need to do the following:
- Pair the two sets of AirPods the usual way you would pair them.
- Navigate to “Finder” and then “Applications, “Utilities,” and “Audio Midi Setup.”
- You’ll see a + sign at the bottom left. Click it.
- Click on “Create Multi-output device.”
- Ensure that there is a blue tick next to the Airpods where you see “Use.”
- Click “Drift Correction” next to one of the AirPods.
- Navigate to “Finder” then “Applications” and then “System Preferences.”
- Select “Sound.”
- Select “Output.”
- Select that Multi-output device you just created.
Now you have some of the answers for whether you can connect your AirPods or AirPods Pro to more than one device. Keep in mind that you can speak with a reliable Apple technician if you ever experience difficulty or confusion regarding your device’s operation.
Pros of Connecting Two Pairs of AirPods to a Computer
- Can easily be paired with any iPhone device with iOS 13 or greater.
- Can connect multiple AirPods Pro to a Mac with a bit of maneuvering.
- Can connect multiple AirPods with an Apple product with iOS 13 or higher.
- Able to listen to both devices simultaneously by manipulating sound settings and enabling stereo mix.
Cons of Connecting Two Pairs of AirPods to a Computer
- Process may be more complicated for computers that are not Apple products.
- Cannot connect more than one set of AirPods or AirPods Pro to a Microsoft Windows PC.
- Can only connect as many AirPods as your device supports.
- If using multiple AirPods Pro, must ensure that neither you nor the other person strays too far away from the source device.