This post will show you if you can track your AirPods using the serial number and how you can track your AirPods.
It is not possible to track AirPods using the serial number. Instead, it is necessary to find them using find my iPhone.
Unfortunately, there are a number of possible reasons why your AirPods might not work with find my iPhone and if someone resets them, they are lost for good.
Can you track AirPods with the serial number?
It is not possible to track AirPods using their serial number.
However, AirPods can be tracked using find my iPhone. But, AirPods do not use the serial number for tracking. Instead, they are linked to an iCloud account and that is used to track the AirPods.
However, if someone resets your AirPods, it will no longer be possible to track the AirPods and that person will be able to use them like normal.
There are actually many more reasons why your AirPods might not be able to be tracked using find my iPhone that I have written about here.
Read more: Do AirPods have serial numbers?
Can you track AirPods pro with the serial number?
It is also not possible to track AirPods Pro using the serial number. However, it is also possible to connect AirPod Pros to find my iPhone which you can use to track your AirPod Pros instead.
How to track AirPods with the serial number?
As mentioned, it is not possible to track your AirPods using a serial number. Instead, it will be necessary for you to track them by using find my iPhone.
For AirPods to be connected to find my iPhone you must connect them to a device with an iCloud account.
How to find the AirPods serial number?
To find your AirPods serial number, you can click on your AirPods on the Bluetooth settings of an iPhone then click the “More info” button. You should then be able see the serial number of your AirPods.
How to track AirPods
Your AirPods should automatically get connected to find my iPhone when you connect them to your iPhone.
To find your AirPods using find my iPhone, do the following:
- To turn on the Find My app:
- First, open the Settings app.
- Next, tap on your name.
- Then, you’ll need to tap “Find My.”
- If you would like family and friends to know your location, you can turn on Share My Location.
- Now, tap on “Find My (name of device).”
- Then turn on “Find My (name of device).”
- Once you see your device, even if it is not online, turn on “Find My network.”
- To have the location of your iDevice sent to Apple whenever the battery is running low, turn on “Send Last Location.”
If you would like to use a map to find your lost device, make sure you turn on the Location Services option. Here are the steps to do this:
- Go to settings
- Tap on privacy
- Tap on Location Services
- Then turn on Location Services
To ensure you can find your AirPods in Find My, even if they are disconnected or powered off, you want to ensure Find My Network is turned on. Here’s how you can check.
- Go to settings
- Tap on Bluetooth
- Tap the blue info button located next to the AirPods on your list.
- Go down to Find My Network
- Make sure the Find My network option is set to on.