AirPods are the best wireless earbuds around, thanks to their versatility. You can pair them with any Apple device, and thanks to that innovative technology, AirPods can now be compatible with non-Apple devices that let you pair their fabulous AirPods via the power of Bluetooth.
Unfortunately, this is not without some glitches, though, especially with its volume control.
How to Adjust the Volume of AirPods on a Laptop?
While connecting your AirPods with an Apple device, it is semi-automatic. Connecting your AirPods to your laptop or PC that uses Windows is not automatic and involves just a few minutes to set up.
- First, you must connect your AirPods to the laptop or Windows system. You can do this by clicking Start on the taskbar. A menu will pop up.
- From there, click “Devices.” Now move to your AirPods, putting them into pairing mode, meaning they are in their case with the lid open. Hit that small button on the back of the case and hold it until a white light flashes between the AirPod slots.
- Return to your laptop; click Bluetooth. The “Add Device” window should still be up. If your AirPods are correctly in parring mode, then a new menu should pop up, and you should see “Air Pods audio. Click it.
- Going back to your “Devices” menu, you should see AirPods as a choice.
From then on, your AirPods can connect to your laptop once you pull them out.
Now to adjust your volume, do the following:
- Select the sound icon from the system tray by right-clicking.
- From the menu, select sounds.
- Select the Playback tab.
- Then select properties for your Bluetooth device.
- Adjust the volume by clicking on the Levels tab.
How to Adjust the Volume of AirPods Pros on a Laptop?
Tech giant Apple makes AirPods Pros. Designed to work with Apple devices from phones, tablets to laptops, but if you happen to have a device that incorporates Windows 10, many AirPods Pro users are finding trouble with the AirPods Pro’s volume.
Due to the way Windows handles Bluetooth technology. It connects to two devices, one for headphones and a headset. Therefore, you must tinker with Windows to adjust the volume.
- One way is to update your drivers, but if you’re not that tech-savvy about doing all that, you might opt for the next one.
- Simply set your Air Pod Pros to headphones mode to see if that works.
How to Increase the Volume of AirPods on a Laptop?
Loving your new Apple AirPods, but when connecting them to your windows laptop, you can hardly hear anything. What is up, and how can you increase the volume? Here are a few methods you can try.
- Method 1. Update Bluetooth drivers. You can also try the audio troubleshooter by typing in, “fix sound problem in Windows 10.”
- Method 2. Examine the audio enhancements. You can do so by following the steps below.
1. Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
2. Click OK after typing mmsys.cpl.
3. Double-click the sound device you’re using under the Playback tab.
(In the Advanced tab, you can also check the audio format and choose the highest quality option.)
4. Go to the enhancements tab.
5. Toggle the loudness equalization checkbox.
6. Press the OK button.
- Method 3 Check your AirPods volume.
Connect your AirPods to your phone and make sure the AirPods volume is up to 100%, then make sure your laptop volume is at 100% too. Now connect them to your laptop. It should fix it.
Read more: Can you use AirPods with Samsung TV?
How to Lower the Volume of AirPods on a Laptop
Are you figuring out how to adjust the volume of your AirPods while connected to your laptop? Follow these simple steps to help get your volume control back.
- In the system tray, right-click on the Sound icon.
- From the menu, choose sounds.
- Then select playback.
- Then go to properties and select your Bluetooth device.
- Adjust your volume by clicking the levels tab.
Why Are my AirPods so Loud on my Laptop?
This issue seems to happen suddenly and troubles a lot of AirPods users. What’s going on? Why is the sound so suddenly loud on ppeople’sAirPods when trying to listen on their Windows laptops?
The answer has been found in Windows itself. We saw this update around four months ago.
Windows released a new update that changed the controls on Bluetooth devices. Before, there used to be two different volume controls, one for the desktop and the other for the Bluetooth device itself, so that you could have the laptop volume high and your headset device lower for a balanced listening experience. They have now in the new update have the controls no longer separate.
The results were many users had volume control issues. To correct you must”disable the “Absolute Volume” feature as follows below:
- Open Windows Registry Editor (regedit.exe)
- Go to computer/ HKEY_Locl_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Bluetooth\Audio\AVECP\CT
- Create a DWORD (REG_DWORD) value, name it DisableAbsoluteVolume and set its value to 1.
- Restart laptop.
In the end, remember While AirPods can connect to outside devices, there officially designed to blend the best with Apple. Doing a little troubleshooting can get you to enjoy these great earbuds on anything.