Ah, the joy of watching your favorite movies, shows, and videos on your Vizio TV. I remember when I first got a Vizio TV and I wanted to know how to AirPlay on it. After countless hours of research, trial and error, and head-scratching, I finally figured out a way to AirPlay on my Vizio TV. Now, I want to share my knowledge with you in this blog post and help you get the most out of your Vizio TV. In this guide, I will be discussing how to AirPlay on a Vizio TV and all the tips and tricks you need to know.
How to AirPlay on a Vizio TV?
Before you use AirPlay on your Vizio TV, you need to turn on the AirPlay option by proceeding with the following steps:
- Grab your Vizio remote and press the “SmartCast” button.
- Then, go to “Extras” and tap “AirPlay.”
- Finally, tap on “AirPlay Settings” and turn it on.
After turning on the AirPlay option, grab your Apple device. Then, make sure that both the Vizio TV and your Apple device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Next, proceed with the following steps:
- Open the photo, video, streaming app, or any content you want to share on your iPhone.
- Then, go to “Share” or “Options” and tap the AirPlay icon.
- After that, select your Vizio TV from the list that appears on your phone.
- Wait until your Apple device connects to the TV. Then, you can enjoy watching your media on the big screen.
Which Apple Devices Support Airplay on Vizio TV?
Generally, Apple devices that are running on iOS 12.4 or higher can AirPlay on Vizio TVs. That includes the following devices:
- iPhone 5s and newer
- iPad (2017) and newer
- All iPad Pro and iPad Air versions
- iPod touch (2015) and newer
- iPad Mini 2 and newer
What to Do if AirPlay Isn’t Working Properly On Vizio TV?
There are a few things that you need to check if AirPlay isn’t working on your Vizio TV.
1. Make Sure the Router Is Close Enough
You need to make sure that both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Then, make sure that the Wi-Fi router is close enough to the TV and your Apple Device.
2. Update Your Vizio TV to the Latest Firmware
In some cases, you might need to update your Vizio TV firmware. So, connect the TV to Wi-Fi and proceed with the following steps:
- Grab your Vizio TV remote and press the “V” button.
- Next, go to “System” and tap on “Check for Updates”.
- Wait until your Vizio TV searches for the latest firmware.
- If there’s an update available, press “Install” and wait for the process to finish.
3. Reboot Your Vizio TV
Surprisingly, restarting your Vizio TV can solve many issues, including AirPlay ones. You can restart your Vizio TV by simply turning it off and unplugging it from the power source.
Then, wait a couple of minutes before plugging the TV back in. Finally, turn the TV on and try using AirPlay again.
4. Update Your Apple Device to the Latest Firmware
Your Apple device might be facing some software issues. So, you’ll need to update it to the last firmware available by following these steps:
- Connect your phone to a charger and make sure you’re connected to Wi-Fi.
- Then, go to “Settings” and select “General”.
- Next, tap “Software Update” and wait until the device searches for the latest firmware.
- Finally, tap on the available update and select “Install Now”.
5. Reboot Your Apple Device
Restarting most Apple devices is fairly simple. For iPhone X and newer versions, you can simply press and hold either the volume buttons with the side button. Then, the power-off slider will appear.
After that, you can drag the slider and wait for around a minute for the device to turn off. Finally, turn the device back on by pressing the side button until you see the Apple logo.
Do all Vizio TVs support Apple AirPlay?
Most Vizio TV models that came out post-2016 support Apple AirPlay. You can confirm that your TV model supports AirPlay by checking Vizio’s website or the user manual.
Can I AirPlay content from streaming apps to Vizio TV?
Fortunately, many streaming apps are compatible with Apple AirPlay. So, you can enjoy your favorite movies and shows on your Vizio TV screen. These apps include Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, Disney+, and HBO Max.
So, how to AirPlay on a Vizio TV?
First, you need to check that you have a compatible Apple device and Vizio TV. Then, connect both devices to the same Wi-Fi network and turn on the AirPlay option on your TV.
After that, go to the content you want to share on your iPhone and tap on the AirPlay icon. Finally, select your Vizio TV from the list that appears on your phone. Et voilà! Now you can enjoy your content on your Vizio TV!