As an Oculus VR enthusiast, I know how frustrating it can be when you’re trying to cast Oculus 2 to your LG TV and it just doesn’t work. I’ve experienced the same issues myself, so I decided to do some research and testing to find a solution. Today, I’d like to share with you my findings and step-by-step guide on how to cast Oculus 2 to LG TV.
But, can Oculus Quest 2 cast to LG TV?
You can cast Oculus 2 to your LG TV using either your headset or the Oculus app. You can also cast it whether Chromecast is available or not.
|– You can cast Oculus 2 to your LG TV using either your headset or the Oculus app.|
|– You can also cast it whether Chromecast is available or not.|
|– Make sure all devices are connected to the same wifi network before casting.|
|– If Chromecast isn’t available, you can use your laptop by connecting it to your TV with an HDMI cable.|
|– Poor wifi connectivity and software glitches may cause casting issues.|
Can Oculus Quest 2 Cast to LG TV?
Yes, you can cast Oculus 2 to your LG TV if your LG TV has a built-in Chromecast.
If that’s not the case, your best alternative is to purchase a separate Google Chromecast device or any other casting device, such as NVIDIA Shield TV. Google Chromecast is affordable and easy to use, so we highly recommend it.
You can still cast your Oculus 2 to your LG TV without Chromecast. However, the video image won’t fit the whole screen.
How to Cast Oculus Quest 2 to LG TV?
Casting your Oculus Quest 2 to your LG TV is a simple process. It’s a matter of tapping some buttons.
Here’s how to cast your Oculus Quest 2 to your LG TV, whether you’re using Chromecast or not:
The following steps are suitable if you have a separate Chromecast device that’s connected to your LG TV or if your LG TV has a built-in Chromecast already.
There are two ways to initiate the casting process: either by using the Oculus app or using your headset.
Before you start the casting process, you need to turn on your Chromecast device, LG TV, and your VR headset. Make sure that all three of them are connected to the same wifi network.
Using the Oculus App
- Download the Oculus app on your phone if you don’t have it already
- Launch the app and create an Oculus account
- Tap on the casting icon found at the top right corner. If you don’t know what it looks like, it’s the icon on the left of the bell notifications icon
- Tap on the downward arrow next to This Phone
- You should find Chromecast in the list under Cast To
- Tap on Chromecast, then tap on Start
- Within a few seconds, your Oculus Quest 2 will start streaming to your LG TV
Whether you’re using an iPhone or Android, follow the same steps for this method
Using Your Oculus Headset
You can initiate streaming to your LG TV while having your headset on:
- Press the O button on the Oculus controller
- Select Sharing located in the main menu at the bottom of the screen
- From the pop-up window, select Casting. You should see Chromecast listed in the Headset Casting pop-up window
- Select Chromecast and click on Next
That’s it! You’ll get a notification letting you know that the casting feature is on.
With Google Chrome Browser
While using the Google Chrome browser isn’t the best method, it’s definitely a good solution when Chromecast isn’t available. You’ll need your laptop and an HDMI cable to connect it to your TV.
Here’s how to cast your Oculus Quest 2 successfully to your LG TV without Chromecast:
- From your Google Chrome browser or any other browser, go to oculus.com/casting
- Turn on your headset by pressing the O button found on the controller
- Click on the Sharing button found at the bottom of the screen to the right of the main menu
- Select Casting
- From the pop-up list of casting devices, choose the name of your laptop. Shortly, the streaming should start playing on your laptop
- Connect your laptop to your TV using an HDMI cable
The streaming should start playing on your TV within seconds. However, the video image will be square and won’t fit the whole screen
Why Won’t My Oculus Quest 2 Cast to LG TV?
Before we get into the reasons why you may not be able to cast your Oculus to your TV, make sure that your Chromecast device is on.
Most of the problems with Oculus Quest 2 not casting to TVs are connectivity issues. As we mentioned earlier, it’s important to have all of your devices connected to the same wifi network.
Accordingly, if you’re casting with the Oculus app, make sure your phone, Chromecast, and Oculus Quest are all connected to the same wifi network. If you’re casting through your headset, your phone isn’t important here. The same applies if you’re casting from your laptop.
Another thing that could be the problem is poor wifi connectivity. Note that you’re connecting several devices to the same wifi network, so it may slow down the wifi speed.
Lastly, you may be unable to cast your Oculus Quest 2 to the LG TV due to a software glitch. It may help to reboot your devices.
Pros of Oculus Quest 2 with LG TV
- Easy to set up and use
- No need for Chromecast if you use your laptop
- You can enjoy your VR experience with friends and family
Cons of Oculus Quest 2 with LG TV
- Poor wifi connectivity may cause casting issues
- Software glitches may cause problems with casting
- The video image won’t fit the whole screen if Chromecast isn’t available
Here you have it; three ways to cast your Oculus Quest 2 to LG TV. You can now enjoy your VR experience with your family and friends.