As an owner of a smart TV, I know first-hand how frustrating it can be to try and connect your device to a streaming service like Disney Plus. After doing a bit of research and testing, I’m here to share my experiences and the solutions I discovered for connecting Disney Plus to your TV from your phone. In this blog post, I’ll walk you through the steps you need to take to get connected and start streaming your favorite Disney movies and shows.
Android and iOS mobile phones can connect to Disney Plus using either Chromecast for Android or Airplay for iPhones. To watch Disney Plus from a phone, select the desired content, and then press the Chromecast or Airplay icon to watch it on the Smart TV.
- You can watch Disney Plus on your Smart TV from your Android or iOS phone using either Chromecast for Android or Airplay for iPhones.
- To watch Disney Plus from an Android phone on your Smart TV, you must first connect your phone and TV to the same network, then download the Disney Plus app from the Play Store, log-in to the app, find the content you want to watch, and then press the Chromecast icon.
- To watch Disney Plus from an iPhone on your Smart TV, you must first connect your phone and TV to the same network, then download the Disney Plus app from the Apple App Store, log-in to the app, find the content you want to watch, and then press the Airplay icon.
- Using Google Chromecast and Apple Airplay, you can connect Disney Plus from your phone to your TV.
How To Watch Disney Plus From Your Android Phone To TV
If you are using a phone with the Android operating system installed, you can use Google’s Chromecast feature to watch Disney Plus on your TV from your Android phone.
All you need to watch Disney Plus through your Android phone connected to your TV is your Android phone and a Smart TV that is compatible with Chromecast.
1. Connect Your Android And Smart TV On The Same Network
To link your Android phone to Your Smart TV and watch Disney Plus, connect them on the same network.
2. Download The Disney Plus Android App From The Play Store
Before watching Disney Plus from your Android phone on your TV, you must get the Disney Plus Android phone app.
First, open the Google Play Store to install the Disney Plus app. From there, look up the Disney Plus app within the Google Play Store and install it onto your Android phone.
Once you install the Disney Plus app, we can begin the process of connecting your phone to your TV through Chromecast.
3. Log-In To The Disney Plus Android App On Your Phone
Begin by opening the Disney Plus app, which you just installed on your Android phone from the Google Play Store.
When you have opened the Disney Plus app on your Android phone, enter your log-in details and select your viewer profile.
4. Navigate To The Content That You Want To Watch
Before you can begin using Google Chromecast to watch Disney Plus on your TV from your Android phone, you must first find the series or movie that you want to watch.
If your desired movie or series is not on your homepage, search for your desired content in the app or your watchlist. Once you find the movie or series, you want to watch, press the play button on the movie or show and immediately pause the playing media.
5. Switch On Your Chromecast Supported Smart TV
Next, turn on your Smart TV using the power button on your TV remote or your Smart TV device.
6. Back on Your Phone, Press the Chromecast Icon
Now you must navigate to the Chromecast icon on the video content paused on your Android phone in the Disney Plus app.
The Chromecast icon is found at the top of your screen. Press the Chromecast icon and select the name of your Smart TV device.
7. Watch Disney Plus On Your TV From Your Android Phone
Your Disney Plus movie or series will now be playing on your Smart TV. Get ready to enjoy watching Disney Plus on your TV connected to your Android Phone.
How To Watch Disney Plus From Your iPhone To Your TV?
Along with Android, iOS, exclusively found on the popular iPhone, is one of the most popular phone operating systems. If you have an Apple iPhone and Smart TV, you can use Airplay to connect your iPhone To Your TV to watch Disney Plus.
Airplay is Apple’s answer to Chromecast, and you only need an iPhone with a Smart TV that supports Apple’s Airplay technology to watch Disney Plus on your Smart TV.
1. Connect Your iPhone And Smart TV On The Same Network
To use Apple’s Airplay to watch Disney Plus n your TV, your iPhone and Smart TV must be on the same network for it to function.
2. Find The Disney Plus App On The Apple App Store
Before we begin the process of linking your iPhone, you must download the Disney Plus app from the Apple app store.
On your iPhone, navigate to the Apple App Store and find the Disney Plus App. Once you find it, install the Disney Plus app onto your iPhone.
Once the Disney Plus app is installed on your iPhone, we can begin the process of connecting your phone to your TV through Airplay.
3. Log-in To The Disney Plus App From Your iPhone
Open the Disney Plus app installed from the App Store on your iPhone.
After you open the Disney Plus app, you will get greeted by the log-in screen, where you must enter your log-in details to use the app. Once logged in on the Disney Plus app, navigate to your viewer profile.
4. Find The Content That You Want To Watch
After completing the above step, look for your desired movie or series that you want to watch on your Smart TV through your iPhone. Once you find your desired content, click on it and immediately pause the content from playing.
5. Switch On Your Airplay Supported TV
Switch on your Smart TV by pressing the power button on your remote or TV.
6. Back On Your iPhone, Press The Airplay Icon On The Screen
Turn your attention to your iPhone and click the Airplay icon. It is located at the top of your iPhone’s screen.
Once you click the Airplay icon, select the Smart TV to which you want to project your Disney Plus content to watch.
7. Watch Disney Plus Through Your iPhone On Your TV
Your Disney Plus movie or series should now be playing on your Smart TV from your iPhone.
Connecting your phone to your TV to use Disney Plus has never been more accessible. On your Android phone, open the Disney Plus app, select the content you want to watch, and cast it with Chromecast to your Smart TV.
The exact process is done with iPhone using Airplay – Apple’s answer to Google Airplay.
Using Google Chromecast and Apple Airplay, you can connect Disney Plus from your phone to your TV.
Read more: How long do OLED TVs last