As a proud new owner of a Vizio TV, I was excited to get it set up and start enjoying all of its features. After connecting to the internet, I quickly found myself frustrated when I couldn’t figure out how to find the IP address for the TV. I spent hours searching for a solution online, but there wasn’t much information out there specifically for beginners.
That’s why I’m writing this post to share what I’ve learned about how to find the IP address on a Vizio TV and to offer some tips and tricks that I’ve found along the way. If you’re a beginner who is also struggling to find the IP address on your Vizio TV, this post is for you.
You can easily find your IP address by accessing either the TV’s System option or “Settings” using the remote’s Menu button. There are also some methods that could solve the problem even if the remote isn’t functioning properly.
In this easy-to-follow guide, we’re looking at answering the question: How to find the IP address on a Vizio TV?
So, without further ado, let’s dive right in!
Method 1: Find Your Vizio TV’s IP Address with the Remote
The most convenient way to find your Vizio TV’s IP address is by using the remote. However, the steps may vary according to the model you have.
So, it’s best to identify which method is appropriate for your Vizio TV by trying them all.
Check the IP address via the System Option
The easiest method to check your TV’s IP address is:
- Make sure that your TV is connected to the internet.
- To do that, press the remote’s Menu button.
- Once done, select Network and then click Network Status.
- Quickly check the status if the TV is connected to the internet.
- If connected, proceed by pressing the remote’s Menu button once again.
- Locate the System option, then select it.
- Press “System information,” and then scroll down to see your TV’s IP address.
Get the IP address via TV Settings
An alternative way to discover the IP address is:
- With your TV connected to the internet, press the remote’s Menu button to access “TV Settings.”
- Once the TV Settings menu popped out, scroll down to the Network tab, then click the remote’s Enter button.
- Go to the Manual Setup tab, then click the remote’s OK button.
- You can find your TV’s IP address once the Manual Setup menu appears.
Find the IP address via TV Apps
Here’s a rather out-of-the-box way to find out the IP address of your Vizio TV:
- Connect your TV to the internet either through Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable.
- Once done, use the remote to open an app such as Hulu, HBO Max, or Netflix.
- Go to the app’s settings, and then head on to its “Network Info” or “Device” menu.
- A pop-out will appear, showing your IP address.
Method 2: Find Your Vizio TV’s IP Address without the Remote
If there’s one TV accessory that gets damaged easily, it would be the remote.
That said, let’s have a look at how you may be able to find your Vizio TV’s IP address without the help of a remote.
Use Smartphone Network Apps
To use your smartphone in finding your TV’s IP address, you have to first download an app that could detect electronic devices linked to your network.
That said, you might want to try applications like Fing. This app runs on both iOS and Android smartphones. However, if Fing isn’t compatible with your mobile device, there are plenty of alternative apps out there.
Here’s how to find your TV’s IP address using smartphone network apps:
- Check if your TV and phone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Launch your scanning app by tapping its icon.
- After that, head to the Devices tab and then press the “Scan” button.
- Wait for the list of devices to appear; the said list will show your TV brand as well as its IP address.
Try Downloadable IP Scanning Tools on Your Computer
You can also use either your desktop or laptop to find your TV’s IP address by installing an IP scanner tool. There are several tools you could choose from that are both available for Mac and Windows users.
Here’s how to use these tools:
- With the IP scanner tool installed in your computer, turn off other gadgets except for your Vizio TV.
- Start a network scan by launching the IP scanner tool.
- Most tools will automatically begin scanning as soon you run them.
- Once the network scan is done, the name of your TV and its IP address will appear on the computer screen.
To Wrap It Up
So there it is—an easy-to-follow guide on how to find the IP address on a Vizio TV.
Based on the methods we explored earlier, even newbies can easily find their IP address using the TV remote. Here, you could access the IP address by using the System option, TV settings, or several apps that exist on your TV.
Better still, it’s not all hopeless without the remote. With the help of downloadable network scanners, you can always utilize smartphones and computers to find your Vizio TV’s IP address.