If you’ve ever been frustrated trying to figure out how to pair/connect your phone to your Vizio TV, then you’ve come to the right place. After doing extensive research, trying out different tips and tricks, and troubleshooting the problem, I’m here to share with you the steps I took to solve the problem and the other solutions I discovered along the way. In this post, I’m going to walk you through a complete guide on how to pair/connect your phone to your Vizio TV.
How to Pair/Connect an Android Phone to Vizio TV
Connecting your Android phone to your Vizio TV is pretty simple. You can do it using the Vizio Mobile app, or with your phone’s screencast option.
Connecting Your Android with Vizio Mobile App
First, you need to download the Vizio SmartCast from the play store. Then, log in to your account or create a new account if you don’t have one. Additionally, make sure that both your phone and your TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
After that, you can proceed with the following steps to connect your phone to Vizio TV:
- Open the Vizio SmartCast app on your phone and go to the toolbar.
- Next, choose your Vizio TV from the list and confirm the connection request.
- Then, insert the 4-digit code that appears on your TV.
Connecting Your Android without Vizio Mobile App
Most modern devices with Android 8.0 or higher have a screencast or wireless display option. This allows you to connect your phone to any smart TV.
Connect your phone to the same Wi-Fi network as the Vizio TV and proceed with the following steps:
- On your Android phone, go to settings.
- Type screencast, wireless display, or screen mirroring in the search bar.
- Open the Screencast options and turn it on.
- Then, select your TV from the devices list and confirm the connection.
How to Pair/Connect an iOS Device to Vizio TV
To connect your iPhone to a Vizio TV, it should be running on iOS 13.0 or higher. Additionally, your Vizio TV must be AirPlay 2-enabled.
First, you’ll need to turn on the AirPlay option on your Vizio TV by proceeding with the following steps:
- Grab your Vizio remote and tap the “SmartCast” button.
- After that, go to “Extras” and select “AirPlay”.
- Finally, press “AirPlay Settings” and make sure it’s on.
After that, connect your iPhone to the same Wi-Fi network as your TV and proceed with the following steps:
- Open the content you want to share on your iPhone.
- Then, go to “Share” or “Options” and press the AirPlay icon.
- Next, select your Vizio TV from the list that appears on your phone.
- Finally, wait until your Apple device connects to the TV.
What to Do if Your Phone Isn’t Connecting To Vizio TV
If your phone isn’t connecting to Vizio TV, there are a few fixes that you can try:
- Reboot Your Vizio TV
Restarting your Vizio TV can usually solve the problem. To restart your Vizio TV, first, power it off and unplug the power cable.
Then, wait for around 30 seconds before plugging the TV back in. Finally, power on your TV and try connecting your phone to the TV once again.
- Update Your Vizio TV to the Latest Firmware
You can update your Vizio TV to solve this issue. So, connect the TV to Wi-Fi and proceed with the following steps:
- First, grab your remote and press the “V” button.
- Then, select “System” and press “Check for Updates”.
- After that, wait until your Vizio TV check for the latest firmware.
- Finally, if there’s an update available, press “Install” and wait for the updating process to finish.
- Reboot Your Phone
To reboot your Android device, press and hold the power button and tap on restart.
On the other hand, to reboot your iPhone, press and hold either the volume buttons with the side button. Then, the power-off slider will appear. Turn off your iPhone and wait for at least one minute before turning it back on.
- Update Your Phone to the Latest Firmware
To update your Android phone, proceed with the following steps:
- Go to “Settings” and select “System.”
- Then, press “System Updates.”
- Finally, if there’s an update available, press install and wait until the process is complete.
On the other hand, to update your iPhone, you can proceed with the following steps:
- Connect your iPhone to a charger and go to “Settings”.
- Next, select “General” and tap “Software Update”.
- Wait until the device searches for the latest firmware.
- Finally, tap on the available update and select “Install Now.”
So, how to pair/connect phone to Vizio TV?
For Android devices, you can connect your phone using Vizio SmartCast mobile app, or with the screencast feature on your phone.
On the other hand, if you want to connect your iPhone to Vizio TV, it should be AirPlay 2-enabled. Now, you can enjoy your favorite content on Vizio TV’s big screen!