As an LG Magic Remote owner who was frustrated at not being able to pair it with my Fire TV, I’m here to share my experience and how I solved this problem. After doing some research and testing, I’m excited to share a few different solutions that should allow you to get your remote working with your Fire TV. In this blog post, I’ll be explaining the steps you need to take to pair your LG Magic Remote with your Fire TV.
You can pair your universal LG Magic remote with the Amazon Fire TV by following some simple steps. You can use your old remote or the LG Magic remote itself to pair the two devices. However, you should have the HDMI CEC feature turned on in order for it to pair.
- The LG Magic remote can be paired with your Amazon Fire TV by following some simple steps.
- You need to have the HDMI CEC feature turned on in order to pair the two devices.
- You can use your regular remote or the LG Magic remote itself to pair the two devices.
- You should make sure your LG Magic remote is close to your Fire TV and is loaded with working batteries.
- You can use your LG Magic remote to set up universal controls to access and control your Fire TV.
- If your LG Magic remote fails to pair, you should check if the batteries are drained, if there are any objects blocking the IR signal, if your Fire TV needs resetting, or if your remote is damaged.
How to Pair the LG Magic Remote to your Fire TV
Using a single remote to control all your entertainment devices helps you keep everything organized and avoid confusion. Therefore, it’s a good idea to invest in an LG Magic remote that can control several devices. In addition, setting up the LG Magic remote isn’t a big deal.
However, before you start pairing, you should make sure that your LG Magic remote is close to your Fire TV (no more than ten feet between them) and is loaded with working batteries.
To pair the LG Magic remote with your Fire TV, simply follow these steps:
- Use your regular remote to access the “Settings” of your TV
- Open “Display and Sounds”
- Scroll down to “HDMI CEC Device Control”
- Turn it on if it isn’t
- Go to “Controllers and Bluetooth Devices”
- Choose the Amazon Fire TV remote
- Choose “Add New Remote”
- On your LG Magic remote, press the Home button and hold for about ten seconds.
- Select the name of your new LG Magic remote from the list of detected devices on your TV screen
- Tap “Done”
How to Set Up the Universal Control Feature on Your LG Magic Remote
In case you don’t have access to another regular or Fire TV remote, you can use your LG Magic remote to set up universal controls to access and control your Fire TV. Here’s how you can do that:
- On your LG Magic remote, click the home button
- Go to “Device Connector”
- Select Fire TV from the list of devices that will appear on the screen.
What to Do if the LG Magic Remote Doesn’t Pair?
In case your LG Magic remote fails to pair despite following all of the instructions, don’t panic. This could be due to some minor issues that you can easily fix, including:
The first thing to do if your LG Magic remote won’t pair with your Fire TV is to check if it’s working in the first place.
When you press any button on your remote, make sure that the power button lights on the top of the remote blink.
If they don’t, this means that your remote has no power and needs new batteries. It’s recommended that you replace both batteries at once to avoid any malfunction.
LG Magic remotes work via Bluetooth and infrared (IR). For IR to operate properly, there should be nothing standing in the way between the remote and the TV receiver.
To check whether your IR signal is working properly, use your phone camera to look through the IR end of the remote. If it’s working, you should see a little flash.
Fire TV Needs Resetting
In some cases, the remote is not the issue. You may need to reset your Fire TV itself.
Simply, unplug your Fire TV and remove the batteries from the LG Magic Remote. After about 60 seconds, re-plug the TV and put the batteries back into the remote. You should try pairing again.
If you’ve tried it all and nothing works, your remote may be defective. You should check if your warranty is still active and get a replacement.
Pros of LG Magic remote with Fire TV
- Universal control of multiple devices within your household.
- Navigate and control your Fire TV with just one remote.
- Easy to set up.
- Compatible with the latest technology and devices.
Cons of LG Magic remote with Fire TV
- It may not work if your batteries are drained.
- Objects blocking IR signals can cause it to not work.
- The remote might need to be reset or replaced if it’s damaged.
To Wrap it Up
With the new trends in entertainment technology, you can easily get rid of the hassle of using multiple remotes for different devices. With the LG Magic remote, now you can navigate and control all of your compatible devices with one universal remote.
Generally speaking, there are two ways to pair LG Magic remote to Fire TV. You can either use your regular remote or simply do it through your new LG Magic remote.
The LG Magic remote allows you to control different devices within your household universally. Now you can enjoy them all at the press of a single button, literally!
Read through this article to get an idea of how to pair your LG Magic remote to your Fire TV and what to do if it doesn’t pair.
Read more: How to turn down the brightness on FireTV?