If you listen to music on shuffle, it can get boring after a while. The smart shuffle can play the same song, and, eventually, you’ll be tired of it and maybe even realize that there are some songs you’ve missed. So, how to sort Apple Music playlist songs?
In the past, Apple Music users could only listen to their songs in the order they added them. The Apple Music app had the recently added music at the bottom and the oldest ones on top. Thankfully, Apple introduced a new feature that allows you to sort your music however you like by following a few simple steps.
Now that you have your playlists, let’s get them organized. Keep reading to find out how!
How to Sort Apple Music Playlist Songs on iPhone
Just with a few taps here and there, you can have the perfect playlist! Here’s how to organize the songs in your playlists on your iPhone:
Step One: Update Your IOS
As we mentioned earlier, the option to sort your playlist is relatively new. If your phone doesn’t have the latest software updates, it may not be able to access this feature. To start, you should check your phone’s software to see if it needs updating.
To update your iPhone’s software, follow these steps:
- Ensure that your phone is charged and connect it to the internet through Wi-Fi
- Swipe up and open the app drawer
- Head to “Settings”
- Press on “General”
- Choose “Software Updates”
- Tap “Download and Install” to get the latest available IOS
Step Two: Open Apple Music
After you’re done with the required updates, it’s time to head for the Apple Music App and get into the details.
- Swipe up on your home screen
- Tap on the Apple Music App
- Select the “Library” tab
- Choose “Playlist”
- Pick the playlist that you want to sort
Step Three: Sort the Songs
Once you’re in the playlist you want to organize, you’ll see a button in the top-right corner of the screen with three dots on it. Tap on that button.
A menu will appear, offering options like editing or deleting your playlist. From the second row of this menu, choose the “Sort” option, and you’ll find all of the ways by which you can organize the playlists. You can choose to sort by title, artist, album, etc., depending on your preference.
How to Sort Apple Music Playlist Songs on Macbook
Changing or editing a playlist on a MacBook can be slightly different from changing it on an iPhone since both devices operate differently. Still, it’s a pretty easy process. Here’s how to do it:
Step One: Check the Mac OS
The Mac OS is basically your MacBook’s operating system. To enjoy any new features or security improvements, you’ll constantly need to keep the MacBook up to check with the new updates Apple rolls out.
To update your MacBook, follow these steps:
- Connect the MacBook to a power supply and to a strong Wi-Fi network
- Open the device and look for the Apple Menu in the top left corner of the screen
- Choose “About This Mac”
- If your device is up to date, you can skip the rest of the steps here and just go to the Apple Music app immediately
- If the OS is outdated, Click on “Software Update.”
- Download and Install any recent updates, then proceed with the steps
Step Two: Head to the Apple Music App
Once you’ve made sure everything on your MacBook is up to date, you can now open the Apple Music App. Inside the app, click on the playlists you want to change from the sidebar on the left of your screen.
If you don’t have a playlist created already, just follow these steps:
- Open your MacBook and head straight to the Apple Music App
- Click on “File” in the menu bar
- Choose “New”
- Click on “Playlist”
- Name your new playlist whatever you like, then add some songs
Step Three: Sort Your Music
Read more: Why is Apple Music shuffling the same songs?
Now that you have a playlist ready, you can easily edit it however you like. You can rename it again or change the arrangement of the songs later on.
To do this:
- Click on “View” in the menu bar
- Choose “Sort By” from the dropdown menu
- Use the submenu to choose your preferred sorting option
To Sum Up
Having fun with music in the background or at a little party can be great, but not when the same song plays again and again. So, how to sort Apple Music playlist songs?
In order to get the perfect playlist that fits your mood, you’ll just need to go through a couple of steps in the application’s settings. But first, make sure your device has the latest software update. Hopefully, you can now listen to all your songs without having to skip one!