As an owner of both a Samsung soundbar and an LG TV, I know first-hand the frustration of trying to determine if the two are compatible. After doing some research and testing, I’m here to share with you my personal experience, as well as other solutions I discovered, on whether or not a Samsung soundbar is compatible with an LG TV. In this blog post, I’ll explain everything you need to know about this question, so you can get the sound you want without any hassle.
Fortunately, the answer is yes. So, if you’ve recently checked out a new Samsung soundbar before realizing that you have an LG TV, there’s no need to cancel that order.
|Method 1||Using HDMI Cables||1. Connect HDMI cable to soundbar and TV|
2. Add device to soundbar’s input
3. Check settings
|Method 2||Using HDMI ARC||1. Switch TV and soundbar on|
2. Connect HDMI cable to ARC ports
3. Change source on soundbar to D.I.N. setting
|Method 3||Using a Digital Optical||1. Connect optical cable to TV and soundbar|
2. Set source on soundbar to D.I.N.
3. Check TV settings
|Method 4||Using an Auxiliary Cable||1. Connect audio cable to AUX IN and AUDIO OUT jacks|
2. Change soundbar setting to AUX
|Method 5||Using Bluetooth||1. Turn on pairing mode on soundbar|
2. Find sound settings on TV
3. Select Bluetooth device
How Can You Connect Your Samsung Soundbar to Your LG TV?
What makes an LG TV amazing is the way it allows you to connect different kinds of devices. Samsung soundbars, on the other hand, offer multiple options for connection. Depending on your LG TV’s features, here’s a list of ways to connect it to your Samsung soundbar.
Method 1: Using HDMI Cables
Using HDMI cables is one of the most common ways to connect your Samsung soundbar to your TV. It’s a very convenient way of getting the best audio experience.
Set up your devices with these easy steps:
- Connect the HDMI Cable
With all devices switched off, take an HDMI cable, preferably the one that comes in your soundbar package, and plug one end into the soundbar’s HDMI OUT port. If there are more HDMI ports available, choose the one marked for TV.
Then, put the other end of the cable into the HDMI port on the back of your TV. Take note of which port you’ve plugged it into.
- Add a Device to the Soundbar’s Input
Plug one end of another HDMI cable into the soundbar’s IN and the other end into the HDMI OUT on your cable box, video game console, disc player, or other external devices.
- Check Your Settings
Set your TV’s source to the correct HDMI port where the soundbar is connected.
- Switch your external device and soundbar on
- Press the Source button on your soundbar
- Wait for “HDMI” to appear on the soundbar’s display
- Turn your TV on then change the source to the HDMI port your soundbar is connected to
- Your TV should show images from your external device and the audio will play from your soundbar
Method 2: Using HDMI ARC
Before anything else, look at the back of your TV and find your HDMI ports. Look for one with the eARC or ARC label.
Using this HDMI connection allows you to use the TV remote to control the volume. It also gives you the best sound quality, as this is the only way to get Dolby Atmos’s surround sound.
These are the steps to connect your soundbar with HDMI ARC.
- Switch your TV and soundbar on
- Plug one end of your HDMI cable into the HDMI IN (eARC/ARC) port at the back of your TV
- Take the other end of the cable and connect it to the HDMI OUT (TV-ARC) port on your soundbar
- Go to the source button on your soundbar and change it to the D.I.N. setting
- Wait until the words “TV ARC” appear on the soundbar’s display
Method 3: Using a Digital Optical
The digital optical, or Tos-Link, is available on almost every type of TV and is a great option to get digital sound.
Here are the simple steps to connect the soundbar to your TV.
- Connect the Cable
Turn your TV and soundbar on. Then, take your cable and plug one end into the TV’s optical out port.
Put the other end into the DIGITAL AUDIO IN (OPTICAL) port on your soundbar.
- Set the Source on Your Soundbar
Press the source button either on the sound bar or its remote control and set it to the D.I.N. setting.
- Check Your TV Settings
Go to your TV’s audio settings menu and turn the TV speaker off. Switch the audio setting to optical (external speakers).
Method 4: Using an Auxiliary Cable
An auxiliary cable might not give you the best audio quality, but it’s the easiest device to use. Follow these steps to set it up:
- Turn your TV and soundbar on
- Plug one end of your audio cable into the AUX IN jack on the soundbar
- Connect the other end of the cable to the AUDIO OUT jack on your external device
- Push the source button on the soundbar (or you can use your remote control)
- Change the setting to AUX
Method 5: Using Bluetooth
Assuming that both devices have Bluetooth features, this is another easy way to connect your soundbar to your TV.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Turn on pairing mode on your soundbar’s remote control
- On your TV’s menu, find the sound settings
- Look for the sound-out button and choose LG Sound Sync Bluetooth
- Select your Bluetooth device
Read more: LG TV screen turned grey
Is Samsung Soundbar Compatible with LG TV?
The answer is yes, and it’s nice to know that even though they are manufactured by different companies, the products can work harmoniously with each other.
Depending on your TV’s model, you can use Bluetooth, HDMI, digital optical, or auxiliary cables to connect your Samsung soundbar to your LG TV. Afterward, you can test the choices and decide which one is best for you.