Powerbeats Pro is one of the high-end true wireless earbuds on the market. With its price tag, you’ll also expect it to function seamlessly. That means no charging or pairing issues.
However, even sophisticated brands can encounter technical problems. So, when one of your Powerbeats Pro earbuds stops working, you go on the internet and search: Powerbeats Pro one side not working.
Lucky for you, there are easy fixes to ensure that both sides of your Powerbeats Pro return to their typical operations. You can unpair devices, reset the device, turn off the ear detection feature, update the firmware, and clean the case.
In this article, we’ll talk about the different methods you can use to fix your Powerbeats Pro.
How to Fix Powerbeats Pro
Having your Powerbeats Pro only work on one side can be annoying, but it’s repairable. Let’s check out some of the ways you can fix the problem.
Method 1: Unpairing Devices
Sometimes, technical issues are the main culprit for devices’ failure to function properly. One reason these issues may occur is when there’s a software update, and your device won’t sync properly because it needs updating. A simple way to troubleshoot this is by unpairing your device.
To unpair your device, follow these steps:
- Keep the Powerbeats Pro inside their case and shut the lid.
- Turn on your device.
- Proceed to Settings.
- Then, toggle the Bluetooth off.
- Open the earbud’s case.
- Press and hold the system button for several seconds. The light should blink as a signal that the earbuds are restarting.
- Turn your Bluetooth back on.
- Select the Powerbeats Pro from the available connections until they pair successfully.
Method 2: Resetting Powerbeats Pro
Powerbeats Pro is also prone to disconnecting when the software has minor bugs. To fix this error, you can reset the accessory. Here’s how to do it:
- Disconnect the Powerbeats Pro from all connections. That means you must forget the accessory from all devices you paired them with.
- Then, put the earbuds back in their case with the lid open.
- Press and hold the power or system button for at least 15 seconds. A white light should start flashing. Eventually, this light will turn red.
- You’ve successfully reset your earbuds when the light turns red and then back to white.
- Pair your Powerbeats Pro again and test both earbuds.
Method 3: Disabling Ear Detection
Powerbeats Pro has an automatic ear detection feature that plays your music when the buds are in your ear. It also pauses the sound when you take them off.
While it’s an impressive feature, ear detection can interfere with one side of the earbuds. So, it may be helpful to turn this feature off to enjoy a better listening experience.
On Apple Devices
Here are the steps you’ll need to disable ear detection on your Apple device:
- Go to Settings.
- Click on Bluetooth.
- On the list of devices, select the “i” icon on the opposite side of the Powerbeats Pro.
- Finally, turn the automatic ear detection off.
Here’s how to disable ear detection for Android:
- From the Beats application, show the device screen.
- Switch off the Automatic Ear Detection feature.
Method 4: Updating Firmware
The best way to enjoy your Powerbeats Pro is by ensuring that it has updated firmware. You can easily check this on any paired Apple device or Android.
On Apple Devices
Although iOS devices update the firmware automatically, you may need to update it manually sometimes. Here’s how to do so:
- Make sure that you pair your Powerbeats Pro and Apple device beforehand.
- Next, go to Settings.
- Find General, and click on About.
- Scroll down until you see Powerbeats Professional.
- Select Powerbeats Professional to check your latest firmware version.
On Android or PC Devices
Since you can also pair the Powerbeats Pro on non-iOS devices, you can look for the firmware. However, the process of updating your firmware on an android or PC device may be different. Here’s how:
- Download the Beats Updater application on your device. You can find this on the Google Play Store.
- Simply follow the instructions indicated on the app.
- Connect to Powerbeats pro by plugging the earbuds’ case using a lightning cable.
- Check the app for the latest firmware version and update as necessary.
Method 5: Cleaning Buds and Case
Cleaning your Powerbeats Pro and its case may not be the first thing that comes to your mind when fixing technical issues. However, this method is essential if you want to keep your accessories working for a long time.
Here’s how to clean your Powerbeats Pro the proper way:
- Turn the earbuds and case off before cleaning.
- Remove the buds from the case.
- With a closed lid, wipe the case using a dry microfiber cloth.
- Open the cover and wipe the insides, too.
- Next, take the rubber buds off from the ear sets.
- Then, dampen a q-tip with alcohol and clean both buds.
- Get another q-tip with alcohol and rub the ear sets lightly.
- Wipe all components with the microfiber cloth for the last time.
- Place the buds back into the ear sets and put them back in their case.
Read more: Powerbeats Pro Ringing Noise
So, after searching the keywords: Powerbeats pro one side not working, you’ve finally found different methods that could work.
You can unpair your device, reset your earbuds, disable the ear detection feature, update the firmware, or simply clean them. Whichever ends up working, you’ll have both sides of your Powerbeats Pro functioning again.
Read more: How to charge Powerbeats Pro without case