As an owner of AirPods and Apple watch, in this blog post, I’ll take a look at the features and benefits of each device and compare them to help you decide which one is right for you. I’ll also share some of the solutions I’ve discovered to help you find the best option. Hopefully, this will help you make an informed decision when it comes to buying AirPods or an Apple Watch.
Well, no lies! Both products do possess extraordinary qualities, which makes them desirable.
You can get either device depending on your needs, as each is designed uniquely for your needs. Many people have both. Ultimately, it will be important for you to consider your use case. If you want to be able to be able to get access to your important apps and notifications quickly, the Apple Watch would be more useful. Whereas, if you really need some earphones, you could do better getting the AirPods.
However, something to consider is that AirPods can be easily replaced with cheaper Bluetooth earphones, but the Apple Watch does not really have any direct alternatives, if you currently use an iPhone.
Before you make that decision, follow along in this brief summary explaining what each of these two devices will offer you, including their pros and cons.
|AirPods||1. Voice interface for Siri integration 2. Compatibility with iPhone, iPod touch, Apple Watch, or iPad||1. Short battery life 2. Expensive 3. Not water and dust resistant|
|Apple Watch||1. Tracks medical data (heart rate, EKG, temperature, etc.) 2. Touch ID allows access to phone features 3. Water and dust resistance 4. Compatible with AirPods for music and call functionality||1. Costly|
These wireless devices have become popular over the years since their launch in 2016. Consumers have grown fond of Bluetooth earbuds as they are designed for your convenience. The AirPods available on the market are AirPods 2nd generation, AirPods 3rd generation, AirPods Pro, and AirPods Max.
- Voice interface: Speech is an essential feature of the interface as they encourage people to use the voice assistant more. The voice interface works as an extension of Siri, enabling a two-way conversation. Being able to control your phone with AirPods will significantly reduce your interaction with your phone.
- Compatibility: AirPods are fully compatible with your iPhone, iPod touch, Apple Watch, or iPad. In addition, linking your devices makes them convenient to use.
- Battery life: The battery life of the AirPods is short as the charge depletes rapidly and is attributed to idle discharge.
- Expensive: These luxurious devices are costly compared to other similar devices in the market.
- Not water and dust resistant
The downside of the AirPods is that they are not resistant to water or dust, meaning you have to leave them behind when going for a swim or dusty outdoors.
Apple Watch is a smartwatch designed to free people from their phones. The Apple Watch is an excellent purchase as it has desirable specifications such as Bluetooth, water resistance, dust resistance, ultra-wideband, optical heart sensor, gyroscope, compass, and an accelerometer.
- Medical data: The Apple Watch is great for fitness tracking. It has Optical and electrical hearing sensors that enable it to track your heart rate, EKG, temperature, impedance cardiography, and galvanic skin. These health features are to alert you in case of a medical emergency. Your smartwatch might save your life.
- Touch ID: The Apple smartwatch has a Touch ID feature that allows you access to your phone. You can receive phone calls and read messages. In addition, the smartwatch can unlock your laptop.
- Water and dust resistance: The Apple Watch is water and dust-resistant. These features allow you to have your watch on when swimming, taking a shower, or taking an adventure in a dusty environment. Not taking off your watch is helpful as you can’t forget to put it back on.
- Costly: Despite all the Apple Watch’s lovable features, the device is a little pricey. The connection to your iPhone is convenient but at a high price.
Read more: Why do my AirPods disconnect on FaceTime?
Can AirPods work with just an Apple Watch?
Yes, you can use your AirPods with your Apple Watch. However, there is a catch with the AirPods, and the Apple Watch connection requires access to Wi-Fi. Without the Wi-Fi connection, it will be impossible to use the AirPods and Apple Watch combo.
In the absence of your iPhone, a Wi-Fi connection is vital if you need to stream music. When your phone is out of reach, you lose access to the audio connection.
The pairing process may sound technical, but it isn’t like you can do it by yourself. All you need to do is ensure both the AirPods and the Apple Watch link to your iPhone or iPad in your iCloud account.
To get both devices paired, you need to follow the instructions below;
- First, set the devices in a pairing mode.
- Then, on your Apple Watch, go to the settings and open Bluetooth.
- The smartwatch will locate nearby devices
- Look for the AirPods and select to pair
- Enter your pin or passkey if the smartwatch asks you to do so.
Linking your AirPods with your Apple Watch will allow you to leave your phone behind when going for a run, working out, or running errands. Without access to Wi-Fi, it is impossible to use both devices together. However, you can download or sync a playlist to your Apple Watch, and that way, listen to music comfortably from the AirPods.
Do I need AirPods with an Apple Watch?
No, you don’t need AirPods with an Apple Watch, as you can use either device separately with your iPhone or iPad. However, for maximum results, purchase both devices and link them together. To appreciate their abilities, it is better if you own both.
There are several reasons why the Apple Watch and AirPods are a perfect match. First, with the Apple Watch, you can also access your phone calls and important messages. However, the Apple Watch can’t play music through its speakers, and that’s where AirPods come in handy.
Secondly, to extend the battery life of the AirPods, you can connect one to the Apple Watch while the other charges. This way, you have a non-stop battery life, and with free ears, you pay attention to your surroundings.
Thirdly, linking your Apple Watch to your AirPods will keep you updated for those who constantly miss calls and notifications. With the AirPods, you can receive and hang up calls by double-tapping on the device. In addition, the Siri feature will announce who is calling straight to your AirPods.
Finally, it is easier to control your AirPods from your Apple Watch. For example, instead of asking Siri to control your volume, you can do so via your Apple Watch. In addition, you can check the charge left on the AirPods by tapping the battery icon.
Can you control AirPods with an Apple Watch?
Yes, you can control your AirPods with an Apple Watch. Once you pair your Apple Watch to your iPhone, it automatically connects to your AirPods. If you play audio on your Apple Watch, it automatically plays on your AirPods.
In addition, you can connect both devices manually by launching the Control Center on your Apple Watch. Then tap the AirPlay button and add the AirPods.
Another manual way to connect the AirPods to your Apple Watch is by tapping on the Settings app, selecting Bluetooth, and choosing AirPods from the list of available devices.
Overall, the Apple Watch and the AirPods complement each other, which is why you should get both. These devices give you more control over your device, which is why you should purchase both – what one lacks the other has. AirPods and the Apple Watch are a perfect match. Now you know – Happy decision-making!