As an owner of a home theatre system, I know the frustration of trying to get the perfect sound out of your speakers. I spent hours researching soundbars and soundbar alternatives, trying to find the best solution for my home. After much trial and error, I’ve finally found some tips and tricks that have worked for me. In this blog post, I’ll be sharing my personal experience and some other soundbar alternatives that I’ve discovered along the way. From budget-friendly Bluetooth speakers to high-end surround sound systems, I’ll be covering the best soundbar alternatives to help you create the perfect home theatre experience.
A speakers system is the best alternative if you don’t want to use a soundbar. It allows you to enjoy a truly full-surrounding experience, and you can get better audio details that aren’t possible with a soundbar. If the system is too expensive, you can opt for powered speakers or headphones, which allow you to enjoy your TV in situations where you don’t want to disturb others.
|A customizable surround sound system that includes an AV receiver, stereo speakers, rear and center speakers, and a subwoofer for an immersive experience.
|Surrounding audio, better sound quality, flexible and customizable, portable
|More expensive, takes more time to set up, more wires
|Independent speakers that provide better audio quality than a soundbar and are more flexible in terms of positioning.
|Better sound quality, flexible positioning, more portable
|Less powerful than a full speaker system
|Personal audio solution to listen to your TV without disturbing others, connected via jacks or Bluetooth.
|Private listening experience
|Limited to one user
Table of Contents
Why Do You Need Soundbar Alternatives?
A soundbar can deliver a massive improvement to your TV’s audio. There are several models of soundbars on the market, and their main purpose is to add an extra dimension to your TV experience, whether you’re watching your favorite movie, listening to music, or playing a game on your PS.
However, in some cases, a soundbar might not be the most practical addition to your TV. Here are some situations where you’d rather find an alternative.
- There’s no space to fit your soundbar properly. To enjoy a better audio experience, the soundbar should be placed so that the sound waves project in your direction without any obstacles obstructing their flow. In some cases, the room’s setup will make this impossible.
- The shape of the TV setup and the soundbar isn’t visually appealing.
- You’re not satisfied with the audio quality of the soundbar you’ve picked for your TV.
Upgrading your TV”s audio is an excellent decision. Luckily, if a soundbar isn’t the right fit for you, you can try another alternative.
Buying a speakers system is more expensive than investing in a single soundbar. However, you’ll have a customizable platform that you can expand and improve whenever you want.
You need to buy an AV receiver and stereo speakers to enjoy a 360-degree audio experience. For the dialogue, the rear and center speakers will enable you to hear every word clearly, while the subwoofer will enhance the music experience as you listen to your favorite tracks and play video games.
If you don’t want to invest in a whole system, you can go for powered speakers. These aren’t as powerful or expensive as a speakers system, but they can deliver a better audio quality than a soundbar. Moreover, they’re more flexible, so you can change their position depending on your setup.
If you want to listen to your TV without disturbing others, this option will be the best for you. You can connect your headphones using the jacks or Bluetooth to your TV to listen to whatever you want.
Advantages and Disadvantages of a Speakers System
Creating a surrounding audio system will enhance your home-theater experience, and you’ll have the opportunity to upgrade different pieces as you. However, in addition to the remarkable pros, this alternative comes with some disadvantages that you need to take into consideration.
- With rear, front, and side speakers, you’ll have a true surrounding audio experience that no soundbar can deliver, no matter how good it is.
- The sound quality is better with more details, whether you’re listening to dialogue or music.
- You’re not restricted to a single brand or manufacturer, so you can pick the best in the market to enjoy the audio experience you’ve always wanted.
- This system will work better for you if the other pieces of furniture create obstacles for your soundbar, so you don’t have the right space to set it up.
- The system is flexible, so you can upgrade it or downgrade it as you go.
- This system is more portable, so you can change the position of any piece, depending on your needs.
- This system is more expensive than a soundbar.
- It takes more time to set up and has more wires.
- You’ll have more pieces to add, secure, and connect to the power outlet.
- Surrounding audio experience that no soundbar can deliver
- Better sound quality with more details
- Flexible and customizable
- Works better in situations where soundbar is impractical
- More portable
- More expensive than a soundbar
- Takes more time to set up and has more wires
- More pieces to add, secure, and connect to the power outlet
Although a soundbar is a great addition to your modern TV, it’s not the only option available to enjoy better audio quality. You can invest in a speakers system that is flexible enough to be set up in multiple ways, where a soundbar won’t be convenient. It’s also customizable, and you can upgrade different pieces based on your needs and preferences.
If you’re not willing to invest in a speakers system, you can definitely go for powered speakers that serve as a middle ground between a system and a soundbar. Of course, headphones will also work if you want to enjoy your TV’s audio privately.