It can be frustrating to figure out how to play music on a Samsung TV, but it may be easier than you think. This quick overview will discuss how to navigate the complexities of playing music on your Samsung TV no matter which other apps and devices you decide to connect.
How to Play Music on a Samsung TV
There are a few ways to play music on a Samsung TV.
Connect via Screen Mirroring – Smart View
You can use the Smart View screen mirroring feature to project music onto your Samsung TV.
- Connect to Wi-Fi network with your device and your Samsung TV.
- Scroll down and turn on SmartView.
- You’ll see all the devices available on your network. Select the option for your Samsung TV.
- Select “My Music.”
- Select the music you’d like to play to cast it to your Samsung TV.
With SmartView, you can easily project your music onto your Samsung TV.
Connect via YouTube
You can easily install YouTube on both your PC or device and your Samsung TV, then share the music you’re listening to on your Samsung TV.
- Connect your device or PC to the same Wi-Fi network as your Samsung TV.
- Enter your login details or create an account on YouTube to fully use the functionality.
- Navigate to the music you want to listen to via your device.
- Select the Cast icon.
- Select your Samsung TV.
With YouTube set up on your Samsung TV, you can easily listen to songs and music videos via your device. Then, cast them to the big screen of your Samsung TV.
Can You Play Music on Samsung TV from iPhone?
Yes, you can use Airplay to mirror via your iPhone to play music on your Samsung TV.
- On your Apple device, open your music player.
- Select the music you want to play.
- Select the Airplay icon.
- Select your Samsung TV.
- Enter the code from your Samsung TV.
It’s easy to connect your iPhone to your Samsung TV. You can then play the music in a more vibrant and immersive way.
Can You Play Apple Music on Samsung TV?
Yes, you can play Apple Music on Samsung TV. Make sure your Apple Music subscription is still valid, then install the Apple Music app on your Samsung smart TV.
- In the “Apps” section of your Samsung smart TV, find and install the “Apple Music” app.
- In the pop-up screen, select “Continue.”
- Enter your Apple ID and password to access your “Apple Music” plan.
- Connect to your Samsung TV via the QR code.
- Complete the setup process.
Once you’ve set it up, you can easily cast your music from the Apple Music app on your smartphone, or play directly from your Samsung TV.
Can You Play Spotify on Samsung TV?
Yes, you can play Spotify on a Samsung TV. You can install the Spotify app on both your device and on your Samsung TV.
- In the “Apps” section of your Samsung smart TV, find and install the “Spotify” app.
- Select the “Spotify” app on your device to play music.
- Select “Devices Available.”
- Select your Samsung Smart TV to cast your Spotify music.
Now that you have your Spotify app set up on your device and your Samsung TV, you can easily switch back and forth to listen to music.