The wide variety of genres in anime is one of the many reasons it is so popular, and Crunchyroll is one of the most popular sites to watch from. The app can even be cast to your TV to watch your favorite series on larger displays! However, some users have reported problems while attempting to cast Crunchyroll on their TV. So, what are the common issues preventing you from casting Crunchyroll on your TV?
The following are common reasons why Crunchyroll won’t cast to your TV:
- Interrupted Or Weak WiFi Connection
- One Of The Devices Is Not Cast Compatible
- Incorrect Settings On Either Device
- Issues With the Crunchyroll App
- Your Devices May Need A Firmware Update
Users report that issues happen on various devices, whether using a Chromecast device, a smart TV, a smartphone, or a laptop. Fortunately, with each listed possible cause, there is a solution. With that in mind, let’s examine the causality in more detail and their solutions.
Reasons Crunchyroll Won’t Cast To Your TV, And How To Fix It
Many factors contribute to the overall quality of the Crunchyroll experience. Of course, the full speed and quality of the internet connection will be the most important. However, network setup, WiFi signal strength, the type of mobile device utilized, its settings, and the methods used all play an essential part in casting Crunchyroll on your TV.
With so much at stake, complications might arise when casting from time to time. As a result, the following guide addresses the most frequent casting difficulties and remedies.
1. Interrupted Or Weak WiFi Connection
One of the most common issues considering casting technicalities is a WiFi connection. If your WiFi connection is poor or intermittent, you may be unable to cast to your TV. It is because so much information needs to be transferred to and from both devices through the network.
As a result, you would need to confirm that you consistently have an excellent WiFi signal and that the device casting the stream is not roaming around in and out of range of the modem. Of course, the TV would also need to be relatively close to the modem to receive a suitable signal.
You would likely expect frequent cast interruptions or no casting capability if either is too far from the modem or from each other. The following are some easy ways to solve this:
- Consider relocating your router closer to your television. It can be done by either installing WiFi boosters or using a longer ethernet cable. If your TV supports a wired ethernet cable, you may want to connect your TV to the modem directly. A wired connection is more consistent and less prone to connection issues and is also the best option if you can not move your TV closer to where your modem is placed.
- If that fails, try rebooting your router. Since routers process much information to broadcast a WiFi signal, they get stuck processing certain information. As a result, a quick fix is to restart your router to refresh its bootup sequence.
- If the problem persists, connect the TV and the device used to cast to a different WiFi network and try casting again.
Furthermore, another critical aspect is to ensure that both devices are connected to the same network. For example, if you have multiple WiFi networks at home or work, confirming that both devices are on the same network would be best before attempting to cast.
2. One Of The Devices Is Not Cast Compatible
Another frequent cause is that your devices are incompatible with one another. For example, casting is only possible if both the transmitter and the recipient devices support it. Check the website or user manual of the device you wish to use as the receiver for a list of compatible devices.
If you’re unsure whether your TV supports casting, search for the Cast symbol among the applications loaded on your TV. If you don’t see the Cast icon in your app, likely, your TV doesn’t support casting. That said, if your TV is not cast compatible, you want to try the following two solutions:
- You can use a Google Chromecast or Apple TV to cast Crunchyroll from your device to your TV.
- Google Chromecast is a first-rate streaming media adapter that allows users to watch web information such as movies and music on their digital television. The adapter is a dongle that goes into the TV’s HDMI connection and is powered by a USB cable.
You may use your Chrome browser to watch videos, photographs, music, and other stuff on your TV in addition to casting Crunchyroll. Simply pick your Chromecast device by clicking the Cast icon in your browser. Then, mirror your smartphone or laptop to your TV.
- Like Google Chromecast, Apple TV is a device that connects to your TV and allows you to cast Crunchyroll to your TV and share the newest movies, images from your vacation, music, and more. However, if you are not casting from an iOS device, you must download the Apple AirPlay app on your Android phone or laptop.
Although casting is an option, you may also view Crunchyroll directly from the Apple TV channel list.
- Another approach to see if your TV is casting-compatible is to look for the Google Cast or AirPlay logo on the back of your TV. These marks indicate that your TV supports device casting.
If you’re trying to cast from a windows laptop, see if your Chrome browser displays the Cast icon. The Cast symbol may be found in the Chrome browser’s top right-hand corner. If it doesn’t, you have another option.
- From the Crunchyroll website, click the three dots in the upper right-hand corner of the Chrome browser, then look for “Cast,” which should be beneath the “print” option. If you don’t see either option, your device may not be cast-compatible. If your device is not cast-compatible, you may be able to utilize screen mirroring as a workaround.
- On devices that do not allow casting, screen mirroring can be employed. Of the many, Screen Mirroring – Castto is among some of the best mirroring apps.
Screen mirroring, on the other hand, has several limits. When utilizing screen mirroring, for example, you cannot cast audio from your tablet to the TV. Screen mirroring is also less dependable than casting.
3. Incorrect Settings On Either Device
Another reason you may be unable to cast to your TV is if the settings on your devices are incorrectly adjusted. If you already have an Apple TV unit or a Google Chromecast device, then on your TV, ensure that the HDMI input is set to “enable.” However, most TVs have various ways to access this option. The following is an example of a standard Android TV:
- Press the Home button on your remote.
- Select Apps from the “TV” menu.
- Select the Google Cast Receiver option in the “System applications” list.
- Make sure the feature is switched on.
This option is essential for TVs that are cast compatible and for TVs using third-party accessories such as Google Chromecast.
Tip: If you are new to Google Chromecast, check that your device is plugged into USB and HDMI ports. Furthermore, ensure that the TV display is on the correct HDMI channel to which you have connected the casting device. As simple as this is, many users forget that most TVs have multiple HDMI channels. Navigate through each channel until it is displayed on the TV.
Also, ensure the volume on your device and Crunchyroll media is cranked up. In order for the sound to be cast to your TV, the volume on your smartphone should be cranked all the way up (preferably).
4. Issues With the Crunchyroll Mobile App
It is essential to know that if you are streaming anime directly from the Crunchyroll app on your mobile device, know that the Crunchyroll mobile app no longer has the cast features. As a result, you would need to mirror your mobile device on your TV if you wish to stream Crunchyroll directly from the app.
Unfortunately, the reasons this feature was removed from the Crunchyroll app have not been unveiled to the public. As mentioned before, you could use a third-party mirroring app, Google Chromecast, Apple TV, or even the TV if it has casting capabilities such as Wireless Projection, SmartShare, Smart View, etc.
That said, if you are already utilizing a screen mirroring app and experience difficulties playing videos on the Crunchyroll app, a quick solution reported by many users is to uninstall and reinstall the Crunchyroll app. Various reasons could be the cause for this, and often it is a case of a software update. Fortunately, a reinstallation refreshes the app and ensures basic functionality.
5. Your Devices May Need A Firmware Update
With updates in mind, issues casting your Crunchyroll media to your TV can result from outdated firmware.
The software that runs on your gadgets is known as firmware. It may become obsolete over time. When this happens, it might cause casting issues. Remember that you will need an internet connection to update your device. To update, apply the following steps:
- Check if the Crunchyroll mobile app needs to be updated. First, on your device, head to the Google Play Store or the iPhone App store and search for the Crunchyroll app. Once you have found the app, check if there is an “Update” option, and proceed with updating the app.
If an update option does not appear after searching for the app, then the app does not require an update. The exact process can be followed if you have any screen mirroring apps by searching for the mirroring app name.
- Update your smartphone. For iPhone users, update your phone from the General settings on your iPhone and then select Software Update. For Android devices, you can update your device by heading to Settings and selecting Software update, which is found at the bottom of the list.
- Update your TV. Various Smart TV models have a specific way of accessing system software updates. However, most are accessed by the TV remote by pressing the Settings button, navigating and selecting either Help, Support, or About, and selecting Software update.
Crunchyroll is an excelling platform where users can access a vast library of anime content. And having the opportunity to cast it from your mobile device or laptop to a larger screen, like a TV, is always a great idea.
However, getting it to operate might occasionally be challenging. As a result, there might be an issue with your network, device, or app if you’re experiencing problems casting to your TV. Fortunately, the problems and remedies are listed above if your TV is cast compatible and you are having casting difficulties.