As a frustrated owner of AirPods trying to figure out why they wouldn’t play sound on my Chromebook, I decided to take it upon myself to do some research and testing to find a solution. Today, I’m here to share how I solved the issue, as well as other solutions I discovered along the way. In this blog post, I’ll explain why my AirPods wouldn’t play sound on my Chromebook, and how I was able to fix it.
Likely reasons why your AirPods won’t play sound on your Chromebook are that they need to be re-paired with the Chromebook, the volume is turned down or because your AirPods are not selected as an output device on your Chromebook.
- AirPods may not play sound on your Chromebook due to needing to be re-paired, volume being turned down, or AirPods not being selected as an output device.
- To re-pair AirPods with your Chromebook, forget them from your Chromebook, then put them in the case, open the lid, and press the button on the case then click on your AirPods from the Chromebook’s Bluetooth settings.
- You can reset your AirPods by putting them in the case, opening the lid and holding the button until the light flashes orange then white.
- Make sure that the volume is turned up and that AirPods are selected as an output device.
- AirPods can be connected to Chromebooks.
Why won’t my AirPods play sound on my Chromebook?
Read more: How often to charge AirPods case
If your AirPods will not play sound from your Chromebook, it would be likely that you need to reconnect them to your Chromebook.
To do this, forget your AirPods from your Chromebook, then put your AirPods in the case, open the lid, and press the button on the case then click on your AirPods from the Chromebook’s Bluetooth settings.
If that does not work, try resetting your AirPods by putting them in the case, opening the lid and holding the button until the light flashes orange then white.
It could also be the case that the volume is turned down on your Chromebook and it would help to ensure that you do have the volume turned up.
It would also help to make sure that your AirPods are what are being used as the audio output.
To do this click on the system tray on the bottom right of the screen, click the headphones icon and then make sure that AirPods are selected. You can look here to see how to do it.
Read more: Can someone else’s AirPods connect to my phone?
Do AirPods connect to Chromebooks?
AirPods can be paired with devices that can be paired via Bluetooth. Therefore, it is possible for AirPods to connect to Chromebooks.
Pros of AirPods on Chromebook
- Good sound quality
- Easy to setup and connect
- Wireless convenience
Cons of AirPods on Chromebook
- Can be more expensive than wired headphones
- You do not get all of the features of AirPods such as automatic switching