As an owner of a Chromecast device, I know all too well the frustration of wanting to use it on another TV in the house. After doing some research and testing, I’m here to share how I solved this issue and other solutions I discovered. In this blog post, I’ll be explaining how you can use your Chromecast on different TVs.
This question can be interpreted in a wide variety of ways. However, in most cases, it’s fairly possible to use your Chromecast on another TV, whether you want to switch between two devices or cast your media on different TVs using the same Chromecast.
- Chromecast is a portable and wireless device that can be used on different TVs.
- You can switch between two TVs using the same Chromecast or use two different Chromecasts for two different TVs.
- You can also use one Chromecast to cast to two different TVs at the same time, provided that you have an HDMI splitter and long HDMI cables.
- Chromecast is controlled using the Google Home app, allowing you to cast different screens to different TVs without any inconvenience or confusion.
Can I Use My Chromecast On Another TV?
The short answer to this question is yes. You can easily use your Chromecast on another TV because, at the end of the day, Chromecast is simply a casting device that is designed for portability and ease of use.
In other words, it’ll cast your media as long as you have access to a WiFi connection, a device for casting like a computer or a smartphone, and an HDTV where you can plug in the HDMI and USB connections needed.
However, using Chromecast on another TV can also be interpreted in a variety of ways, so let’s have a quick look at the different ways to connect to a different TV:
How to Switch Between Two TVs Using the Same Chromecast
As previously established, Chromecast is a simple and portable device that will function normally as long as you provide it with the necessary aspects to work.
If you have two different TVs in your house, you can easily switch between each of them by transferring the device from one TV to another without modifications to the Google Home app or the method to cast.
How to Use Two Chromecasts on Two Different TVs
If you have multiple TVs in your house, you can easily use two different Chromecasts for each device without confusion between the two or worrying about signal conflicts.
Simply attach each separate Chromecast device to a TV, then open your phone, and do the following:
- Download and install the Google Home app.
- On the home screen, tap the (+) at the top to add a new device.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to find and pair the Chromecast with the app.
If you already have a Chromecast and you want to add a new one, here’s what you need to do:
- Find the room where the old Chromecast is installed, and tap the Chromecast box.
- Open the settings by tapping the gear button at the top, then choose “Device information”.
- In the “Device Name” box, type in a name for your Chromecast. For example “Living Room Chromecast”, then press “Save”.
- Repeat the same steps for the new Chromecast, and name it after the room it’s in or any other name that you can distinguish.
Now that each of the Chromecasts has its own name, you’ll be able to tell them apart when choosing the TV that you want to cast your screen to.
How to Use Chromecast on Two TVs at the Same Time?
You can easily use your Chromecasts at the same time without any interference between the two. If you want to cast to two different TVs, here’s what you need to do:
- Open Google Chrome browser
- Select the user profile icon at the top right corner
- Tap (+ Add) from the drop-down menu, and choose to continue without an account or sign in with an alternative account of yours.
- Customize your guest profile so you can easily distinguish it
Now you’ll have two different chrome windows, so you can use each one of them to cast to different TVs at your house the usual way, provided that each has its own Chromecast dongle installed.
How to Cast to Two Different TVs Using the Same Chromecast
You can use one Chromecast to cast to two different TVs at the same time. To do this, you’ll need to buy an HDMI splitter and long HDMI cables to reach the other TV. to install the setup, you’ll do the following:
- Connect the USB cable to one TV
- Connect the HDMI cable to the HDMI splitter, and plug it into the wall with the power adapter
- Connect two HDMI cable ends to the splitter and the other ends to different TVs
When you cast a screen from your computer or smartphone, it should be displayed on the two TV screens.
Read more: how to Chromecast a video with subtitles
There you have it! A brief guide that shows you how to use Chromecast on different TVs. As you can see, the versatility of Chromecast allows you to use the device in various ways.
However, just because you can achieve it, doesn’t mean that it’s going to be a practical solution, especially if you’re planning to cast to multiple TVs using the same Chromecast.
Luckily, Chromecast is relatively affordable, and the smart device can be controlled using the Google Home app, allowing you to cast different screens to different TVs without any inconvenience or confusion.