As an owner of a Sharp TV, I know the frustration of trying to connect it to my phone. After doing some research and testing, I’m here to share my experience and the solutions I discovered for connecting a Sharp TV to a phone.
There are a number of easy methods to connect a Sharp TV to a phone, whether with or without wires. You can create a wired connection using HDMI cables or a Chromecast dongle. You can also set up a wireless connection using free mobile apps.
|Connect a Sharp TV to a phone using HDMI or USB to HDMI cables, or a Chromecast device.|
|You can also connect wirelessly using apps such as LetsView, AnyView Cast, ApowerMirror, and iMediaShare.|
|Wired connections are more reliable and easy, but may require you to keep your phone close to the TV.|
|Wireless connections require both devices to be connected to the same network.|
How to Connect Sharp TV to Phone Using Cables
There are two ways you can connect a Sharp TV to a phone using cables:
- An HDMI Cable
Wired connections can be a reliable and easy option. Just keep in mind that the type of cable you use depends on the model of your TV.
The most common cables used to connect your Sharp TV to a phone are HDMI and USB to HDMI cables. HDMI cables are more compatible with older phones, while USB to HDMI cables connect to more recent models.
However, the drawback is that you may need to keep your phone close to the TV depending on the length of the cable.
Here’s how to connect using an HDMI cable:
- Plug the USB end of the cable into your phone and the HDMI end into the TV
- Set your phone’s USB settings to “File Transfer” or “MTP”
- Press “Home” on your remote control to open the Media Player app on your TV
- Select “Media”
- Go to ”Photos,” Music,” or “Video”
By establishing this connection, you’ll be able to toggle between the three media types.
- A Chromecast Device
Chromecast is a small device that you can use as a digital media player. You can plug it into your TV to stream media from your phone.
Here’s how to use a Chromecast device to connect your Sharp TV to your phone:
- Plug Chromecast to the Sharp TV from an HDMI port
- Plug in the Chromecast charger
- Make sure your Chromecast and phone are connected to the same network
- Install Google Home on your phone
- Run the Google Home app
- Select “Devices” from your screen’s top right corner
- Select “Set Up,” then “Continue”
- Check if the code you receive on your phone matches that on the TV screen
- Tap the “Yes” button on your phone
- Sign in using your Google Account and enjoy!
How to Connect Sharp TV to Phone Wirelessly
There are several apps that allow you to connect your Sharp TV to a phone wirelessly. Here’s a list of these apps and how to use them.
LetsView is one of the most reliable free apps on the market. Using LetsView to connect your phone to your Sharp TV is easy. Simply, follow these steps:
- Install LetsView on both your phone and Sharp TV
- Launch the app on the two devices
- Connect both devices to the same network
- Tap on the name of your Sharp TV when it appears on the phone
- Go to “Settings” on your phone
- Select “Screen Mirroring” and tap the name of your Sharp TV
- Select “Start Mirroring”
- AnyView Cast
Some models of Sharp TV come with a preinstalled AnyView Cast. This feature uses WiFi to mirror the screen of your phone on the Sharp TV. Here’s how to use the app:
- Press “input” on the remote of your Sharp TV
- Select “AnyView Cast”
- On your phone, go to “Settings”
- Select “Cast” from “Bluetooth & Connections”
- Select “Wireless Display” from the three-dots menu
ApowerMirror app supports both Android and iOS. Here’s how you can use ApowerMirror to mirror the screen of your phone to a Sharp TV:
- Download and install ApowerMirror on both your phone and TV
- Launch the app on your phone
- On your phone, press the “M” to find and select the name of your TV
- Go to your phone settings
- Select “Screen Mirroring” and select the name of your Sharp TV
Despite its name, iMediaShare supports both iOS and Android phones. It’s a versatile app that can automatically play the media content on connected devices. The following are the steps for using iMediaShare to connect your Sharp TV to your phone:
- Download and install iMediaShare on both your Sharp TV and your Phone
- Connect both devices to the same network
- Start the app on your phone
- Open the media file you wish to mirror on your Sharp TV
- From the app, select the name of your Sharp TV to begin casting
How to connect Sharp TV to phone? Simple! It can be done using a wired or a wireless connection.
Go through this article for more information about the apps to use, the cables required, and how to set up such connections.
No matter which type of connection you choose, you can easily enjoy the benefits of connecting your phone to a Sharp TV!
Read more: Youtube is slow on Sharp TV