As a Bose soundbar owner, I was both frustrated and curious when I heard that Bose soundbars may not be compatible with Samsung TVs. After doing some research and testing, I’m here to share with you my experience and the solutions I discovered.
While most Bose Soundbars are compatible with Samsung TVs, not all models can work with one another. If the soundbar and television are relatively new, then you should have no problem connecting the two. Furthermore, if the soundbar and television are both Bluetooth enable, you can usually pair the two devices together.
- Most Bose Soundbars are compatible with Samsung TVs, though not all models may work together.
- The two devices need to be compatible before they can be paired.
- You can pair the two together using Bluetooth or HDMI cables.
- The Samsung TV needs to be a Smart TV in order to connect via Bluetooth.
- The Bose Soundbar 700 is compatible with Samsung TVs.
- The quickest way to pair the two devices is via Bluetooth.
Table of Contents
Are Bose Soundbars compatible with Samsung TVs?
Bose sound systems are compatible with various models of Samsung TVs. In fact, you can pair them together using a few different pairing options.
With that said, however, not all models of Bose soundbars can connect to Samsung TVs. This is especially true for older models.
Another thing to consider is that, if you want to use Bluetooth to pair the two devices, the Samsung TV will need to be a Smart TV. If not, you will have to use HDMI cables to connect the soundbar to the television.
How to connect a Bose Soundbar to Samsung TV
|No wires needed, easy to connect
|Sound quality not as high as HDMI
|Superior sound quality
|More cables to deal with
|Easy to set up, no need for additional hardware
|Requires downloading the app
|Bose Soundbar 700
|Better performance, larger size
|Higher cost compared to other models
The Bose Soundbar can be connected to a Samsung TV in a few different ways, though Bluetooth is probably the most popular option.
Since each pairing method has its own positive and negative aspects, you should consider all options before making your final decision.
Connect Bose Soundbar to Samsung TV using Bluetooth
Bluetooth allows you to connect the two devices together without any wires. However, it isn’t without its downsides.
Even though it does still have a high sound quality, it usually isn’t as high as what you would receive from HDMI.
- Press the Pair button on the Bose soundbar. This will put the soundbar into pairing mode.
- Click on the Settings button on your TV. Click on Sound and then navigate to Sound Output.
- Click Bluetooth Speaker List and then locate your Bose soundbar. Click on the name of your soundbar and then select the Pair and Connect option.
Connect Bose Soundbar to Samsung TV using HDMI cables.
HDMI cables give you superior sound, but it does mean you have to deal with even more cables than before.
Being able to connect the two wirelessly is why most people choose Bluetooth connection over HDMI.
Keep in mind, however, that the HDMI port will also need to be an ARC (Audio Return Channel) in order to use this option to connect the two.
- Find the HDMI port on your Samsung TV and connect the HDMI cable securely to it.
- Locate the HDMI OUT port on the Bose Soundbar, and connect the other end of the HDMI cable to that port.
- Power on the soundbar.
- Download the SoundTouch app on either your smartphone or computer.
- Open the app and follow the instructions on the screen to connect the SoundTouch to your network.
- You can now start using the Bose Soundbar with your Samsung TV.
Is Bose Soundbar 700 compatible with Samsung TV?
The Bose Soundbar 700 was introduced in 2018. It has a better performance than its predecessor, the Bose Soundbar 500, but is a bit larger.
The 700 is also compatible with Samsung TVs, which means you can connect this soundbar to most Samsung TVs.
The quickest way to connect the two is using Bluetooth.
This can be done by turning on the TV and Soundbar, pressing the Bluetooth pairing device on the soundbar, and then selecting the soundbar under the list of Bluetooth Speakers in your television’s settings section.
Read more: Why is there a bright spot on my Samsung TV?