As an owner of AirPods, I understand the frustration of not having the bass sound that you’re used to. After doing some research and testing, I’m here to share my experience and how I solved the issue. I also discovered some other potential solutions that could help you if you’re having the same problem.
- The most likely reason why your AirPods have no bass is that they do not have lots of bass by default.
- Another possible reason is that your AirPods are dirty and it is causing you to not be able to hear them properly.
- If only one of your AirPods has no bass, it could be because that AirPod is faulty or due to a connection problem.
- The easiest way to increase the bass on your AirPods is to engage the bass boost on the music settings on your iPhone.
- There are other methods to increase the bass on your AirPods such as by changing settings on your iPhone, computer, and apps.
- By default, AirPods do not have a lot of bass because it would annoy a lot of users.
Why do my AirPods have no bass?
The most likely reason why your AirPods have no bass is that, by default, they do not have lots of bass since a lot of users would not like it.
Another possible reason is that your AirPods are dirty and it is causing you to not be able to hear them properly.
Alternatively, the issue could be that the AirPods are broken which would be more likely if the bass does not change when you adjust the bass as mentioned below.
Why do my AirPods pro have no bass?
If your AirPods Pro do not have bass, it is likely to be because they are not meant to have a lot of bass by default. It could also be due to being dirty or having a fault.
Read more: How to adjust AirPods volume in Zoom
Why does one AirPod have no bass?
If only one of your AirPods has no bass, it could be because that AirPod is faulty.
However, it could also be due to a connection problem.
It would help to try resetting and reconnecting the AirPods by doing the following:
- Forget your AirPods from your device
- Put your AirPods in the case
- Open the lid
- Press the button for 15 seconds until you see an orange then white light
- Re-pair your AirPods by clicking on them on the Bluetooth settings on your device
Read more: Why does Alexa play music randomly
How to get my AirPods to have more bass
The easiest way to increase the bass on your AirPods is to engage the bass boost on the music settings on your iPhone.
From the settings screen on your iPhone, scroll down to Music and choose EQ from the playback section. You’ll see an option for Bass Booster, which you can turn on to increase the bass on your AirPods.
This simple bass boosting method has one drawback in that it only increases the bass on songs you’ve downloaded onto your iPhone within the Music app.
If you open many popular video or music service apps, your bass boost setting often won’t transfer over to the sound on those other apps or websites.
However, that doesn’t mean you can’t use other methods to increase the bass on your AirPods.
There are quite a few settings you can modify and meddle with on your iPhone, your computer, and in the apps you use to change the bass level of your AirPods.
I have written more about how you can adjust the amount of bass you have on your AirPods in this post.
Are AirPods meant to have much bass?
By default, AirPods do not have a lot of bass because it would annoy a lot of users. Instead, AirPods are designed to have some bass so that most people are happy with it.