As a frustrated YouTube TV user, I recently encountered a black screen while trying to use the app on my Samsung TV. I was determined to find a solution and after doing some research and testing, I’m here to share what I discovered.
In this blog post, I’ll explain the causes of the YouTube TV Black Screen on Samsung TVs, as well as how to fix it. I’ll also share other potential solutions I discovered during my research that could help other YouTube TV users experiencing the same issue.
There are many reasons why a black screen error can occur. These may include outdated software or connectivity problems. Fortunately, there are a few fixes you can try to get rid of this problem, with resetting the app or updating it being the first fixes to resort to.
- The YouTube TV Black Screen on Samsung TVs can be caused by a variety of things, such as malfunctioning ad blockers, internet connectivity issues, outdated software, or a technical issue with the TV.
- To fix the YouTube TV Black Screen, you should check your internet speed, update your TV firmware, reset the YouTube TV app, reinstall the app, and restart the TV.
- Restarting the TV often can help improve its performance and clear the cache.
What Causes a Black Screen on YouTube TV?
If you’re watching a video on YouTube TV, you may see a black screen error that may ruin your viewing experience. Here is a list of potential causes for this issue:
- Malfunctioning ad blockers
- Internet connectivity issues
- An old version of the YouTube TV app is installed
- Samsung TV software that’s out of date
- Technical issue with your Samsung TV
- A glitch in the TV or YouTube app
- An old TV model that might not be compatible with more recent versions of the app.
How to Get Rid of YouTube TV Black Screen
If you’re constantly experiencing a black screen while on YouTube TV, some fixes can help get the application up and running again without any problems.
The following are the most common solutions to this issue:
Check Internet Speed
Your internet connection might be the source of the problem. You should check the performance of your internet connection and speed.
You can test your internet speed using Fast. The website will provide you with all the relevant information regarding your internet speed.
If the connection is poor or if it fluctuates, you’ll want to restart the router or reset it. Rebooting the router is possible on some models. If your router doesn’t have that feature, simply turn it off and on again.
Another option is to try connecting your Samsung TV to the internet using an Ethernet cable instead of a wireless connection. Because of the direct connection, the cable will improve the internet performance.
Update Your TV Firmware
Older TV software may not be compatible with the latest features of certain apps. This includes YouTube TV. Consequently, problems with YouTube TV may arise if you have an old version of the software. So, you ought to regularly check for and download software updates.
To do so, follow these steps:
- Using your TV’s remote, navigate to Settings
- Select Support, then choose Software Update
- If there’s any update, an option called Update Now will show. Select it, and the new updates will download and install on your TV
Reset YouTube TV App
Any problem in the application’s cache files and cookies can lead to the black screen issue. So, it would be a good idea to fully reset the app.
Your settings and login data will be deleted when you reset your program and erase the cache. After resetting the app, you will have all the default settings as if you installed the app for the first time. So if there’s any bug, it will be fixed with the reset.
If you’d like to reset the application, here’s how to do it:
- Launch the YouTube TV app
- Navigate to the menu on the left and select the Settings option
- Scroll down on the Settings screen and press the Reset option
- For the app to be reset, you must click on the Reset option twice
Reinstall YouTube TV App
If resetting the YouTube application didn’t work, try reinstalling the app. Redownloading the app will uninstall the previous version and install the most recent one.
However, there’s something important to remember. If your TV already has the YouTube TV app pre-loaded, you probably can’t delete it. In this case, try managing the app through Smart Hub.
Restart Your TV
Restarting your TV is one way to resolve this problem. The software is reset when you reboot, which might fix systemic issues. Additionally, it clears the cache. Doing so more often may be advisable as it frees up space and improves the TV performance as a whole.
To restart your TV, follow these simple instructions:
- Switch on your Samsung TV
- Press the power button for 60 seconds
- The TV will begin to restart
- Once more, hold down the power button till the TV switches on
Experiencing the YouTube TV black screen on Samsung TV may be very frustrating. It can be a result of many things, from an unreliable internet connection to outdated TV firmware. Hopefully, with the aid of the tips shared in this post, you’ll be able to resolve the problem.
Read more: How to find Samsung TV remote